Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Back in Our Three-Bedroom House

Dear all,

I moved this week from Mandarin Central to Mandarin West (the area that I was in for two weeks a couple months ago. It's still in Montreal. I didn't move that far) and got my new companion, Elder Cannon. As a companionship, I feel like our most notable feature is that we're both white, and definitely not native Chinese speakers. President Phillips (our mission president) has never before put two white Mandarin-speaking missionaries together, so this is new. Our Chinese is pretty bad, but we can still communicate, and at least I can kinda read, so we can still text people. It's been a little difficult teaching and everything, but we get by.

Our apartment is massive, cluttered, and has three bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, and a dining room. It is massive, but we actually cleaned it--or at least most of it--so it's better now. 

Chinese geography study cards made for me by Kening.
Other than that, the most progressing investigator in West is this girl named Kening from Shandong Province. She's really nice. Like, really really really nice. She made me Chinese geography study cards a few weeks ago (I sent a picture of them). She has a lot of potential, but she's going back to China in a couple weeks, so we'll see if she gets baptized before that. She might. We told her to fast and pray about it this week. Hopefully she will, and it will all work out in the end.

That's pretty much me. Love you all. Keep your houses and apartments clean, please. Don't leave it for two years for someone else to clean.


 Elder Hadden
We got dimsum with our favorite short Vietnamese friend, Cedric just before I left Central. (Google 'dimsum' if you don't know what it is. I don't know either)

 I found this book in our apartment. I'm gonna read it just to say that I did.







2..
Elder Hadden and Elder Cannon, from a post by Sister Cannon on the CMM Mission facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment