Tuesday, November 27, 2018

没有感恩节

Dear all,

Well, it has been a week.

We went on an exchange with the APs Thursday (they're in our district). I was with Elder Clark, a Spanish-speaking elder from LA, so I got to spend Thanksgiving with a real American. We had dinner with a super Quebecois family, so it wasn't very Thanksgiving-y, but it was filling and good. AND, Elder Clark taught me a few more words of Spanish. I'm gonna be so good at Spanish one day.

On Saturday night, we had a couple of baptismal services. One in our ward for a Cameroonian guy named Mac, and another in the Mandarin Branch. Mac was very very excited to be baptized. Elder Blinn and I have talked to him a lot while he's been learning about the church even though we weren't the ones teaching him. He felt really good, and the service was one of the best one's I've been to. Afterwards, we hung around for the Mandarin baptism since it was in the same building. I got to be around all the members again, and I translated for Elder Blinn. It was a great night all in all.

In other news, one of the members we've been working with is going through the temple tomorrow. We're excited for him.

Today we will hopefully be going to see old port in the snow with Vincent Myuka. I got my real camera, so I should get some half-decent pics.

Love you all,
Elder Hadden


No comments:

Post a Comment