Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Oh boy!

Got some poutine
Dear All,

So this is my last week. After next P-Day, I'll be out the door with bags packed and with just enough money to buy an engagement ring in my pocket (they seem very insistent about that last part). I'll save the mushy, reflection-y stuff for next week. 

This week we had my last ever zone conference, and also my first zone conference we have ever had with President Low. It was quite a nice zone conference. A little more relaxed than they were with President Phillips, but still very uplifting. I felt pretty good afterwards. They talked about finding through members. It was pretty applicable for our current predicament with our severe lack of investigators. We got some helpful advice.

We had exchanges with the zone leaders again since they're in our district. This was the exchange that I was planning, but the zone leaders said they had too many lessons, so we all did work in their area and they ended up just leading everything. It's nice to have leaders in your district because it means there's a whole lot less that I have to do. 

Elder Vargas and I took a trip down to Ottawa yesterday to see if we could find any francophones living in the Riverside area. After spending several hours knocking around the neighborhood of one of our members, we determined that there weren't any. However, we did find several people who were very nice and were actually interested in learning more. We're gonna send them over to the riverside Elders to teach. Again, we got some good numbers, but not a whole lot to do.

This evening we're going to the Couture's home (the Coutures are a member family who really likes us) to have a Family Home Evening with a bunch of less actives and recent converts. We're both pretty excited about it, and hopefully there'll be some non-members coming too. 

We went fishing this morning and caught an astounding two whole bass. This time we did keep them and we're gonna eat them. Pictures included.

That's it for me. Wish me luck.
Both of us


One fish . . .

Two fish . . .

Elder Hadden


That dating training they make you do. (that's how you know it's really the end. They start telling you to get married) 

No comments:

Post a Comment