Monday, November 13, 2017

MTC Week Seven

Mt. Timpanogos after snow
Hello all,

It's been a good week. Elder Chan and I started teaching our real (?) investigator. The MTC told us that this experience was "by no means a role play"; however, I know that the guy we're teaching has already been taught, and I honestly would not be surprised if he has already been baptized or has already committed to be. Sort of frustrating, but
hey, at least he's a cool guy and at least tries to act like a real investigator.  I can't help but feel like I'm in some weird LDS-themed Ender's Game knock off.

Last Tuesday President Nelson came to talk to us. He talked about becoming deeply converted to the gospel so that we can teach better and stay converted forever. It was quite the experience to have him come while we're here.

This Wednesday, we got 8 new elders and 2 new sisters in our zone. Only three of the elders are from Utah, the rest of the missionaries are from all over the country: Hong Kong, Korea, and one sister is from a town in Malaysia. They're a really diverse group and it's been great getting to know them as we introduced them to the MTC.

In a little over two weeks I'll be in Québec. It's getting more real every day. This Friday, we're supposed to get our flight plans, and then I'll know for sure exactly what day I'm leaving. This week I remembered that I also need to be able to speak French when out there, so I'm trying to spend what little free time I have watching Mormon messages and reading scriptures in French. Chinese and French are very, very different languages. I do not understand how people can keep them both in their head.

To answer some questions: no, I can't actually order pizza. I wish I could, but the only place Elder Chan and I can call on our 2001-era phone is the MTC front desk, which unfortunately does not deliver. If anyone wants to arrange a back fence pizza for me, I'm sure you will receive blessing enough to compensate for your sacrifice.

Anyway, that's the gospel according to me for this week. Let me know if you're ever confused about my sarcasm. (It doesn't really come through as well as I'd like in email). 

Love you all. Wish you were here.

Elder Hadden
韓長老


My cool Chinese name tags!


Elder Chan in his Halloween costume


Cool sunset at the MTC.


























First snowfall at the MTC NOV 2017



Moses and the cure for snake bite
Mormonspeak

Ender's Game:  a book by Orson Scott Card about a boy who is trained to defend earth against an alien race.  Check out the summary here.

President Nelson:  Russell M. Nelson, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.  Here's a quick summary of his life so far:  President Russell M. Nelson

Moses and the cure for snakebite:  Holy Bible, Book of Numbers, Chapter 21, verses 4-9

No comments:

Post a Comment