Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Pictures!

Well, I'm on my phone this week, so I just have to reply to the email I sent last week. I hope everyone isn't bummed about the lack of an original subject line.

I got a brand-spankin'-new companion this week from the far reaches of Tahiti. His name is Elder Tarati and this is his fourth transfer and second area on the mission. He's still learning English, but his English is crazy good already. A lot better than my Chinese, for sure. He doesn't really have any problems communicating. I'm impressed. He's happy to be in YSA, and being with him makes me feel like I'm back in good ol' Rose Park. I missed polies a lot.

We're still teaching in French, English, and Chinese, which means that I've been doing a lot of Chinese work all by myself. It actually is pretty empowering knowing that I don't need to rely on anyone else for language ability. We haven't taught any full on lessons just in Chinese yet, but I think it will help me a ton to teach by myself a few times. It's way different when you don't have a companion to rely on.

Also, I'm a district leader now. I had to organize a district meeting (actually now they're called district councils™ (see the new Preach my Gospel)) and everything . It's interesting to be in a leadership position again. I feel a lot like an area director at camp. I'm pretty happy because I've missed leadership a lot in the past year. It's a lot different.

We don't have any fancy plans for P-Day today. I'm pretty beat from our P-Day adventures last transfer, and Elder Tarati is pretty beat from moving. It'll be a naps and movies kind of P-Day.

I love you all. I'll actually send pictures this week.

Elder Hadden 


polies - People of Polynesian descent. There are many Polynesian families in Rose Park.
The Corktown bridge, also known as the Love Lock bridge over the Rideau canal

Set up for Canada Day at Parliament Hill. There were a bunch of concerts there the day of.

All the people downtown for Canada Day

A bunch of totem poles in the Canadian History Museum (which is a super good museum. I highly recommend it)

A really big canoe from BC

Sister Jeon's funeral. She went back to her home in Busan, South Korea this week

The Original Canadian Flag. It was the first flag to fly over Parliament

No comments:

Post a Comment