Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Happy New Year



Dear all,

This year for the New Year I went to bed at 10:30, woke up at 3:30, threw up, went back to bed, and felt fine in the morning. It was a wonderful celebration. I would highly recommend it for anyone. 

In a more positive note, we spent a good chunk of New Years Eve with the Young Women's president, going around and visiting all the young women she didn't know. Since we're so skilled on passing by less active members, we got in contact with pretty much every family in a few hours. It was cool to spend some time with her and get to know her some more, and she was really, really appreciative of our help. 

Elder Burton (where IS his hat?) and Elder Hadden freezing.
Last week for P-day, Elder Burton and I made an expedition out to Parc Jean-Drapeau where they had the 1967 World's Fair. We expected to see a bunch of stuff from the Expo, but what we actually found was a totally deserted island complete with a forest, an old fort, an abandoned amusement park, and several wild foxes. It was pretty creepy, and incredibly cold, but we got some good pictures and had a good time. Pictures included.

In other news, They announced last week that the Canada Montreal Mission will be combined with the Halifax Mission in July of this year. So I'm gonna end my mission in a massive and probably very disorganized mission including all of the Maritime provinces, Quebec, and eastern Ontario. I could end my mission by serving in Newfoundland, and I think that is pretty darn crazy. The Maritimes sound wonderful, but I didn't think I would have the possibility of going there on my mission. We'll see what happens. 

Love you all,
Elder Hadden  

Pictures from the island of Jean Drapeau. The big ball is the American pavilion from the Expo. The amusement park is called La Ronde. It's fully operational in the summer, but looks really creepy in the winter. 
Jacques Cartier bridge







I was very proud of the fox pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment