Monday, October 16, 2017

MTC Week Three

Hey everybody,

Last Tuesday Elder Christofferson came to give a devotional. It was super cool cool to have him come just to talk to us. He talked about the history of the printing of the Book of Mormon, and how important it was to the early Saints. I hear they try to have at least one apostle every three weeks speak, so hopefully I'll get to see a couple more before I leave.

The dedication of the new buildings was on Friday. Elder Oaks and President Eyring came, but I didn't actually see them so I don't count it.

Other than the apostles, nothing particularly interesting happened this week. All the days are starting to blur together because they're all effectively the same. Chinese is still coming. Much slower than I'd like but way faster than would normally be possible. Elder Chan and I taught at least one lesson to our "investigators" every day this week, and did an activity on Saturday where we taught real members who spoke Mandarin. That was really cool. Teaching real people is a lot more rewarding than teaching actors.

I met the other Mandarin-speaking missionary going to Montreal this week, but he left today so I'm not gonna see him again until I get out there. He seemed like a really cool guy though. I also met a sister from Montreal the other day. She's going to be serving on Temple Square so you might run into her at some point. We spoke French to each other and asked each other questions about our mission areas since we lived in each other's missions. It was pretty cool.

This week marked the ninth week for two districts in my zone. A couple of them gave talks in church yesterday, and they all shipped off for their missions today. Our residence is super empty now, but we have another district coming in on Wednesday to replace them. We finally won't be the new kids anymore.

My district got asked to be greeters when the new missionaries arrive on Wednesday too. We're all super excited for that.

That's pretty much my week. It was pretty normal. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.


Love you all,
Wo ai nimen


Elder Hadden

My district at the temple this morning 16OCT17
Mormonspeak

Temple Square - the block in downtown Salt Lake City where the Salt Lake temple is located, as well as two visitor centers, the Tabernacle (home of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir),and other church admin buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment