Monday, October 30, 2017

MTC Week Five

Hey all,


Well, last Tuesday, out of the blue, I got sick. Sick enough that later that evening I had to go back to the residence early to sleep. I had a fever, the chills, a headache, and I was completely stuffed up. Wednesday I had worse symptoms, but it luckily seemed to have run its course by Thursday morning. All in all, I feel great now, and I got a couple wonderful naps out of it, so I'm not complaining. 

Last Tuesday, Elder Stevenson came for our devotional. Luckily I was feeling well enough to make it. He talked about Preach My Gospel and developing Christ-like attributes. That's the second apostle I've actually seen here, and the third one to come to the MTC during my stay. Eight more and I'll have the whole set.

I feel like my Chinese improved a lot this week compared to last week. I was able to understand our investigators a lot better in our practice lessons. It feels pretty cool to be able to speak and understand so much after only five weeks of learning. 

I've also been trying to learn enough characters to be able to understand scriptures in the Book of Mormon. I swear you have to have degrees in both art and Asian history to even have a chance at being literate in this language, but I'm doing all right, considering my lack of education. The Spirit is making up for what I don't have.

Other than that, the only interesting thing is that we're gonna lose another district next week. I'm sad to see them start packing in preparation to head to the field, but it's also good to see that there is an an end to this experience. 

That's the news from the MTC this week. Hope you all are doing well. Your prayers, love, and candy are always appreciated. 

Love you all!

Elder Chan's scripture covers designed from British candy wrappers.

All my scripture and language study materials!

Friend Elder Monk, who will be shipping out soon.

Elder Hadden


Mormonspeak

Preach My Gospel: the missionary training manual of the LDS church. You can get it on Amazon here

No comments:

Post a Comment