Wednesday, January 24, 2018

A Physical Letter: Happy Chinese New Year!

From a card received 23JAN18:


"Dear family,


Well, I missed Christmas and I missed New Year, but at least I didn't miss Chinese New Year. I don't know when it actually is, but it definitely hasn't happened yet. No one around me really cares about Western New Year, and Chinese New Year is still too far away for anyone to talk about.


I hope you're all still doing well. I'm still all right up here.  The language is still coming slowly but surely. I can already read most some of the characters on this card, so I'm not doing too bad I guess.


I love you all.


Happy New Year!


Elder Hadden


PS: Sorry for how bad my writing is. Both handwriting and just general writing style. I've forgotten how to do it. English is hard."


(Note the Canadian international stamp is a Chinese dog, complete with Chinese characters for same.)




NOTE:  Chinese New Year 2018 is 16 February.

No comments:

Post a Comment