Tuesday, July 17, 2018

17 July 2018

Dear all, 

Well, still on my phone this week. I'm just gonna keep this email chain going for a while. We lost our free wifi spot though, so we'll probably do something different next week. Who knows.

This week has been pretty normal. We had our transfer zone conference yesterday, and I got to go to the fancy, big-boy district leader meeting afterwards. The whole meeting was focused around one other new district leader and me asking everyone else questions about being a district leader. It was actually really helpful and very informative. I took more notes in that short meeting than I did in the 5 hour long zone conference. 

During the actual zone conference they told us that even though the Prophet himself will be visiting our mission, only the missionaries who live an hour or less away from Montreal will be allowed to go. Unless I get transferred back to the island (of Montreal) next transfer, I likely will not go. I would complain, but I've already seen the guy once on my mission, so..... 

Today, the wonderful Vincent Mucha of the LaSalle ward finally got his butt out to Ottawa to take me to lunch. When I left Montréal, he promised me that the next time he was in Ottawa (he used to work for the government so he comes here frequently) he would take me to lunch. However, about a month ago he came out here and didn't even tell me. I was pretty mad, but today he came back and actually took us to lunch. It was all good in the end. Everyone in LaSalle ward who reads this should thank Vincent from Elder Tarati and me. 

We taught a Chinese guy this week! I taught him in Chinese by myself. He said he would come to church this Sunday, but something came up and he wasn't able to make it. We'll see him again this week and shoot for next Sunday. I feel pretty good about it. It's very enabling not to have to rely on someone else to help me do things. 

It's still not easy to teach people on your own though. 

That's it for me. 

Love you all. Hope you have a hip-happenin' week. 

Elder Hadden

Home of the Governor General, the Queen's Representative for Canada. No law can take effect without her say-so.  -Todd
The picture is from the house of the sort-of-the-queen of Canada. She has a special name, and Vincent explained to me who she actually is and what she actually does, but I forgot it all. So all I have is a picture of a random building which I guess is the Canadian equivalent of the White House. Note the guards with the funny hats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment