Tuesday, July 24, 2018

I went back to the U.S. - Stuck With This Subject Line

I don't think I'm gonna find a computer any time soon, so we're stuck with this subject line for the foreseeable future. It's still a lot more interesting than any subject line I could come up with for this week though.

Our venue for emails today is the Rideau Mall in downtown Ottawa. They have mediocre free wifi, but not really any good place to sit down. We're on a bench, unfortunately right in front of the Victoria's Secret. It's not ideal, but.... It works. I guess.

It's been a really good week actually. We managed to keep ourselves pretty busy and actually found someone new to teach. It's been a little slow up here recently, so it's good to actually find someone. Finding was never a problem with Elder Gauthier, but he's a machine so it doesn't count. There were days I literally had to run to keep up as he talked to people. I can't do that.

The guy's name is Tshi-Tshi. He's from DR Congo and lives across the river in Gatineau. We actually found him a couple weeks ago, but only just met with him this week. Our lesson with him was super chill. He was really relaxed and joked


with us a bunch. It was a good environment for me to practice my French a little more (it's still not great, but getting a lot better). We're planning to help him paint his mom's walls this weekend. We'll see how that goes.

Other than that, we had exchanges last Tuesday to Wednesday. I went on my last exchange with Elder Leung :(. He's going back to Hong Kong next Thursdays, so this was out last chance to do an exchange. I've been on an exchange with him every transfer so far but one. So sad.

Today we're going on another exchange. I'll be going with Elder Burton, my long lost fourth grade friend. It's really weird how things work out like that sometimes. 

Elder Tarati and I went to Parliament today. I took some pictures of the river, and he took some selfies for those people who don't enjoy my landscape photography. 

Love you all, 

Elder Hadden



1. The Ottawa River and Gatineau from Parliament hill. You can tell it's Québec because there are more Québec flags than Canada flags. Je me souviens. 









2. I tried to take a picture of the famous thing and the Money with the famous thing on it. 





































3. I thought the sky looked kinda cool... 
4-5. You're welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment