Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Fried Rice

Dear all,

It's been a long week. It feels like they slipped a couple extra days in there. And it was really hot, too. It started to cool down last week, so it felt all nice and autumn-y, but this week it went back to being in the thirties (Celsius) every day. Hopefully it will cool down again soon. 

Despite it being long and hot, we actually got a lot done this week. We found a lot more Chinese people around the universities and actually started meeting with a few of them. None of them are super involved yet, but hopefully some are on there way. Things are certainly moving along.

It's all just in time for me to (maybe) move, too. Transfer call comes this Saturday.  We'll see if I'm gonna stay here or leave. I feel like I might leave Ottawa and speak French, but I also might train a Chinese missionary here. Or maybe I'll go back to Montreal. You never know. Maybe I'll even get to keep a companion for a full two transfers for the first time ever...

Our experience at Chocolats Favoris
In other news, Elder Burton and I went to the famed Chocolats Favorits last P-day, and it was about what I had heard. Pretty much just a really rich and really fancy DQ. We got the small cones and almost could not finish because it was just so rich. The first couple bites were pretty good though. 

Today we are gonna go to the war museum maybe. We'll see what happens in the end. 

Next weeks email will be more exciting. I promise.

Love you all,


Elder Hadden



Oh yeah. I forgot to talk about the interesting thing that happened this week. On Sunday, Elder Burton and I got to be part of a baby blessing for the son of a member in the ward. Her husband is a CBC (Canadian born Chinese), who isn't a member. The kid's middle name is 超凡 (Chao Fan) but if you say it wrong it's 炒饭(Chao fan) which means fried rice. Elder Burton and I joke with them about it. It was really cool to be a part of the blessing, and I'm really glad she asked us to.

Oh yeah, and pictures:
A cool view of the canal at night by Carleton University

A really big spider we saw at Carleton.
There were a ton of them out and about that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment