Tuesday, September 4, 2018

School is Back in Session

Dear all,

School is back in session now. There are many Chinese people all over the place again. It's wonderful. We spent a ton of time around the University of Ottawa campus. I remember walking around the U at the beginning of the semester last year and thinking about how much it looked like some kind of weird summer camp, and how glad I was that I didn't have to deal with all that nonsense yet. I've had the same feeling this year, but I do feel a lot more prepared to deal with it for next year #trunkymoment. I'm still glad I don't have to deal with all that right now.

In other news, all the people we are teaching are still as interesting as I explained last week. Nothing changed there. 

My good friend Vincent Mooochaw of the LaSalle ward in Montreal come out to Ottawa this week and took Elder Burton and me to lunch. It was a party. I almost feel like I'm on a mini mission here in Ottawa sometimes. Like I've taken a short break from my mission home in Montreal to come here and serve for a period of time before going back to Montreal. Hopefully I go back to it, at least. I miss that place.

Speaking of going back to Montreal, I went on an exchange with the Zone Leaders this week, so I got to spend an entire day across the river back in the lovely city of Gatineau in the lovely province of Quebec. It's crazy how quickly the environment changes from Ontario to Quebec. You go from well developed, good roads, Anglophone, with Canadian flags to really foresty, horrible roads, Francophone, with Quebec flags. There is a very apparent shift in culture. It's quite an experience to drive across the border. It felt really comfortable to be surrounded by all the familiar sounds and feelings of the province. It was a good experience, all in all. 

That's it for me this week.
Love you all


Elder Hadden

#trunkymoment:  In missionary slang, being 'trunky' is the feeling you get when you are about six months from the end of your mission, and you just want to pack your trunk and go home, instead of continuing with all this missionary stuff.  As I understand it, it gets worse the closer you get to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment