Tuesday, February 19, 2019

New Rules


We got a big ol’ snow storm this week. A lot of snow.
Dear all,

Elder Burton and I were excited to find out about the new rules this week. It makes email writing seem pretty lame now, but I guess I should do it anyway. It's way easier to just call people than it is to write emails. I'm not particularly good at writing, but I like to think I'm good at talking (if only because I'm one of those cool trilingual kids). Anyway, needless to say, I'm happy about it.

We got to go to institute with RJ again this week. He seemed to be a little bit more comfortable than last time. We even convinced him to go to the YSA dance the next day. Hopefully he met some good friends in the ward. Our plan is to help him meet some good friends that will help him go on a mission.

One of the less-active members who we've been meeting with, Brother Batson, came to church on Sunday. He still has a very strong testimony, but he's just fallen out of the rhythm of it a little. We're trying to help him get back in. Hopefully, we can keep helping him.

In other news, we didn't get fed by Brother Brao this week, but we did get to eat with the Wendt family instead. Brother Wendt is a psychology professor at McGill, so Elder Burton and I had a great time talking to him about "cultured" things. In the end, he said we were "very cultured elders, " so now a man with a PhD agrees with our opinion of ourselves. It feels feels pretty good. 
Hopefully they'll feed us again before the end of the transfer. 
Our lunch at Schwartz, the world-famous Montreal smoked meat deli.  In Elder Burton's words,
"walking into Schwartz felt like walking into an episode of Seinfeld". Very tasty, but
very expensive.


That's all for me

Love you all, 

Elder Hadden

No comments:

Post a Comment