Tuesday, December 19, 2017

The Carbs Never Stop

大家好 Bonjour tout le monde! Hey everybody,
(whichever language you prefer)

I figured out how to type in Chinese this week, so now I don't have to think of interesting subjects anymore. Life gets easier every week.

It's been an interesting week. Friday was the Branch Christmas party. It was essentially the same as any other ward/branch Christmas party, except that everything was in Chinese and we got Asian Santa to come instead of White Santa. It was a ton of fun. We talked to a lot of less-actives, investigators and non-members. I talked to a Romanian(?) guy who I think is dating one of the recent converts in the Branch. He doesn't speak Chinese, but he came anyway. You never know who you're gonna talk to here.

Alice, our bread investigator, finished her unit on baking this week, so we stopped getting bread. I think we've finally managed to eat our way through it all. To compensate for our lack of bread, we got at least a half gallon of mashed potatoes from the Christmas party. I'll probably be a healthy 250 lbs when I get back if this keeps up. 

The weather this week has been cold. I think the lowest it got downtown was -17 C (1 F) with -25-ish C (-13-ish F) wind chill. Needless to say, we contacted in the Metro as much as possible instead of on the street. The weather forecast has the high at 4 C (39 F) with freezing rain. It's not raining yet, but I'm not really looking forward for it to start.

In other news, we have some big plans next week. On Christmas, Alice wants to make even more food for us, so we're gonna spend most of the day with her eating lots and lots and lots of food. In addition to Christmas, next Saturday we have three baptisms scheduled.  Next week might be the most interesting week of my mission for a long time. I'm looking forward to it.

I can't think of anything else to write, so I'm gonna move on to pictures:
Here's a really awkward picture of me with my first poutine in Quebec.
Last P-day we went and got poutine. 

Here's another picture for good measure.


More pictures of the city from the top of Alice's student residence















This is a chapel on the McGill University Campus. We taught a lesson here yesterday because it was quiet. McGill is an anglophone school, so the campus looks a lot more British than French. 

















That's all from me. I hope you all have a good week. Love you all.


Elder Hadden
韩长老

No comments:

Post a Comment