Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Granby

Dear all,

Well, we got transfer calls on Saturday, and I'm going to Granby. Granby is a little town about an hour east of Montreal on the south shore. It's pretty Quebecois, so the little branch they have there is only French. This is going to be my first French area. A year and a half of living in French-Canada and I'll finally speak some French. I'm pretty excited. 

My companion is going to be Elder Tarati, again. He was the Tahitian guy I was with in Ottawa. Last time we were together, I taught him English, and now this time, he can teach me French. Since I was last with him, he has served with two or three other Chinese missionaries, so he's pretty much one of us now. It will be good to be with him again. 

Elder Burton is staying in the Montreal ward and getting Elder Dorich, a tiny little German man. The past two transfers with Elder Burton in the Montreal ward have easily been my favorite. There are a lot of members that we've really hit it off with and we have done a ton of work. I'm super sad to leave, but I think it will be good. At least I'll get to practice my French and hopefully remember my Chinese. 

Tonight we're eating with the Hutchinsons so they can see me off. I'm excited for that. 

I'll keep you all posted.

Love you all,

Elder Hadden

No comments:

Post a Comment