Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Quebecois

The snowy view from our apartment.
Dear all,

Another week swimming in the French here. The accent is about as thick as the gravy and the syrup they love so very much. I think I'm picking it up slowly.

This week we had Branch Conference. The Stake president, a real French dude, came and gave a talk in sacrament that I could actually understand. It made me feel a lot better about my French. He gave a good talk about choosing God over anything else in our lives. I enjoyed it more just because I could understand it.

We took a drive down south this week to visit two recent converts named Manon and Marie-Soleil. They live about 45 minutes south of Granby, not too far from the Vermont border. They made a TON of pork roast that we had to eat very hurriedly because we didn't have too much time. They're a mother and a daughter who are both very nice and Québécois (but their accents aren't too bad.) Marie-Soleil, the daughter, just got baptized a few weeks ago and her mother got baptized a few months ago.

On the way back home we got hit with a big old slushy snow storm and had to drive very, very slowly down the awful country roads. It was an exciting adventure. I'm so glad spring is here with it's beautiful warm weather 


Yesterday while we were knocking, we met a very old Catholic couple. They invited us in so we could share an Easter video with them. I don't think they really understood that we weren't Catholic, and I know for sure they did not understand the video because they couldn't hear it and kept talking over it. They talked to us for about an hour total in their strange, hoarse accents. I got about 20% of what they were saying, but Elder Tarati got pretty much all of it, thankfully. I had to tell them I was from the US about three times because they were convinced I was from Toronto. I'm not really sure if they were interested in what we had to share, but they invited us back anyway. We'll give them a Book of Mormon when we go back, and see what happens.




That's all for me

Love you!



Elder Hadden



The wonderful roads in the snow.

Elders Hadden and Tarati in the snow


The ridiculous amount of macaroni salad that Manon gave us.

No comments:

Post a Comment