Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Fishers of Men, Fishers of Fish

The bass and me this morning







































Dear all,

It has been another week. I had to be a district leader, which is always a very interesting experience. I remember at the beginning of my mission I was really excited to be a leader in the mission field. It was something I felt like I had had a lot of experience with and it was a skill that I was able to develop in High School and scout camp, and I was excited to use that in the Lord's work and all that. Sitting and looking back on what the majority of my mission experience has been though, I feel like the exact opposite happened. I didn't have the leadership experiences I thought I would have, and I certainly don't feel nearly as confident in it as I did before. It's been an interesting experience. I'm glad that I get to try my hand at being a district leader again before I go home even though it is pretty difficult and confusing for me sometimes.

In other news, Elie, the Haitian guy who came to church last week, canceled the appointment we had with him this week and stopped responding to our calls and messages. By a miraculous chance, we ran into him outside of his apartment on Saturday night and he said that his phone hadn't been working and that he wanted to come to church the next day. We were on a pretty big high after that, until the next morning when he didn't show up to church. Anyway, We're trying to get a hold of him again, maybe it will be successful, maybe it won't. You never know.

We've worked hard this week to find some new people, and have succeeded a little. We weren't very organized last week, but I think we've got our stuff together for this coming week. Elder Vargas pitched an idea the other day that we would have a "Finding Friday" where we just find all day and build up our pool of solid people. I think he chose Friday just because it sounded good, but I think it's as good of a day as any. We'll see how our schedule turns out for Friday after we set some more appointments this week. 

Elder Vargas and I have started fishing on P-Days. Last week we went and got a fishing license and a fishing pole (he already had a license so I just got one for me), and we headed out to the Ottawa River. He really likes fishing, so he showed me the ropes and I managed to catch a fish. This morning we went again, and I caught a good-sized bass. Pictures below.

That's it for me,

Love you all,

Elder Hadden

Me with the perch

The perch from last week.

Selfie on the Gatineau River


No comments:

Post a Comment