Monday, November 6, 2017

MTC Week Six

Hello All,

It's been an exciting place down here in the Empty Sea. The excitement started off right away on Monday evening with an Elder in my district rolling his ankle so bad he had to go to the emergency room. It was pretty nasty and he was on crutches for a few days.


Halloween was equally exciting. I dressed up as Elder McKean,
This is my Halloween costume. We didn't communicate this. I didn't see him before I got dressed. I just knew what he was going to wear.
another elder in our district (picture hopefully included). Elder Chan dressed up as an "American" by wearing the 2002 Winter Olympics hat you sent him. In the evening, we went around to all the rooms in our residence and asked for candy, which was surprisingly successful!

This week also brought the news that this week Elder Chan and I will begin teaching a real investigator named Daniel Li who's here attending UVU. He's actually a real person, who really actually speaks Chinese, and is really actually investigating the church. Exciting stuff.

Yesterday, Elder Chan and I were assigned to be the Zone Leaders for the Mandarin Branch. We're now over 30 Missionaries. We're in charge of organizing Sunday meetings, making sure no one does stupid things, and just generally being in charge. More importantly though, we have a sweet flip phone and can order all the pizza we want straight to the back fence of the MTC. 

To answer some questions: 

They do serve me food from my target culture. We get served orange chicken about once a week. 

I can teach most of the lessons decently in Chinese probably, but I know 0 gospel vocabulary in French,and they're not teaching me any, either. I've befriended a couple French Missionaries going to Montreal, so I ask them gospel vocabulary when I see them.
The newbies are great, totally on top of it now. We're getting 8 new elders and 1 new sister this week. The sister is coming in from Hong Kong. There's one Elder coming from Korea (just outside of Seoul I think), one from Ohio, one from Michigan, one from Florida, one from Hong Kong, and three from Utah. I'm excited to get to know them.

Cool sunset last night. (The Y is for Grama and Grampa Hadden)

My cool Quebec T-shirt.


That's the weekly gospel according to me. Hope you all are doing well. I pray for you all.

Have a good week,


Elder Hadden




Mormonspeak:

Empty Sea:    MTC.  Seriously.  Just say it fast a couple of times and you'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment