Wednesday, June 19, 2019

A Sad, Sad Zone Conference

Dear all,

It's been a bit of a sad week, but good nonetheless. President Phillips is going home next Friday, So we had one last zone conference with him yesterday. Both he and Sister Phillips answered a lot of our questions about the mission merge and the change of mission presidents, and then shared some final spiritual thoughts with us. I cried a little, which I have not done in a very long time. It was sad to have to see them off, but the good kind of sad that comes from good experiences and progression. 

So, all that means is that the mission will be a lot larger in a couple weeks and I'll get to meet President Low before too long. Elder Surette's younger brother is currently serving in the Halifax mission (where President Low currently is) and he has told me that President Low is a very good mission president. I'm excited to see the changes that come. 

In my last interview with President Phillips, I asked him if he had any advice for me. He proceeded to give me a good amount of advice about dating and marriage.... You know you're an old missionary when your mission president starts talking to you about marriage. I feel like I've achieved something. 

In other news, this Sunday was Stake Conference for the Ottawa Stake. The Stake Center is very far from here, so it was difficult for anyone we were teaching to get down there. Luckily, we found a couple of very generous members to take two people we're teaching down there. This is the second time they've been to church (their names are Flora and Lydia. They both moved from DR Congo). They seemed to very much enjoy it even though it was in English. They got translation for the meeting. They both really want to get baptized, and hopefully they will get baptized in a few weeks. We'll see how it goes. 

In other news, we're going to the Canadian history museum  with Vincent Muuchiaw. I have already been twice, but I am very excited to go through it with Vincent and with a real Canadian. Pictures next week. 

Love y'all,

Elder Hadden

No comments:

Post a Comment