Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Gatineau

Border selfie
Dear all,

We got transfer calls this week. I will be going to Gatineau. For anyone who doesn't know, Gatineau is basically Ottawa but French. It's on the Quebec side of the Ottawa River. Gatineau is the only French ward in the Ottawa Stake, so I'll still be serving in French, but there's probably gonna be a lot more English. I'm looking forward to it. I liked Ottawa while I was there, and I know a few YSA members from Gatineau. My companion will be Elder Surette who I think is from Alberta. [He's from Ontario,really.]

This week has been very nice. We killed another raccoon for Annie, and she has another one for us tonight. After the last one, she told us some of her stories about living in Belgium during world War II. It's pretty crazy to hear her talk about hiding from Nazis. 

Yesterday we went down to see Manon and Marie-Soleil for one last time. They were very sad to see me go and they made us a very large special meal. Manon practically force-fed me ice cream until I could not eat anymore. 

After that we took a short trip to see the border since Manon and Marie-Soleil live right next to it. We tried to knock on some doors there, but there was no one home. In the end, we just came back to Granby
Selfie with Vermont
US Canada Border. There's no line on the ground,
but there are no trees, either.

Selfie with a river
After all our adventures with Manon and the border, we were both very tired and not looking forward to spending the rest of our evening finding around Granby. We went out anyway, like the good little missionaries we are. After having some incredibly awkward encounters with people at their doors, we found a young couple who was incredibly happy to talk to Americans. When we told them we shared a message about a church that was founded in the States, they were all on board to listen. Elder Kunzler is gonna go back after I leave.  After that, we found a couple more people who were interested. It was a very productive night, despite how tired we were. 

Since  today is my last P-day, we're gonna go on a lovely hike around Granby and get a good lunch. It's gonna be a good day. I 'll send pictures next week! 

I'll talk again when I'm back in Ottawa. 

Bye! 

Elder Hadden




We found this picture while helping a lady set up for a garage sale.
She gave it to us because we thought it was so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment