Wednesday, December 19, 2018

I didn't get a new companion . . .

Dear all, 

Transfers happened this week. Elder Blinn left on his long journey back home to the Maritimes yesterday, and I got my new companion, who's actually just my old companion. I'm back with Elder Burton, this time in Montreal instead of Ottawa. We're both still in the very exciting Montreal ward with the same group of Filipinos, Americans, Nigerians, and a Canadian every once in a while. I'm honestly pretty excited about this transfer. 

Even better, Elder Burton is district leader, leaving me free from the worries of being a district leader for the APs. I really, really did not want to deal with that kind of wonderful mission drama. 

Interestingly, right before Elder Blinn left, we made contact with a Chinese less active in the Montreal ward. She's from China and speaks Chinese better than English, but she was baptized before the Mandarin branch existed, and then never switched over. So she's on our ward list, and technically our responsibility, and now we have two Chinese missionaries to teach her. It's great how that worked out. 

Also, if you remember the Nigerian member Elder Blinn and I found a few weeks ago at the Christmas concert, she has apparently been sharing the gospel with all of her friends in the refugee shelter. She's brought a ton of other refugees to meet with the sister missionaries. The sisters are very excited. 

That's all for me. Elder Burton and I have an exciting appointment at the Canadian Architecture Museum this afternoon, so we need to get going. 

Love you all,

Elder Hadden

No comments:

Post a Comment