Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Back to the McGill 'Hood

Dear all,

Well, I made it back to Montreal. For our last P-Day together, Elder Burton and I walked around downtown Ottawa because we ran out of fun things to do. And then a few days later, I hopped on the Greyhound bus back to the great city of Montreal. I'm surrounded by francophones and Chinese people again. So much fun.

On top of that, I'm living back next to the McGill University campus where I lived when I was with Elder Tsai and Elder Furness. It's just like old times.

We're currently working in the Montreal ward, which is where all of the people who don't speak French, Spanish or Chinese in Montreal go. The ward boundaries cover most of the island, and the ward has about 300+ less active members on record. We have a ''special assignment'' to clean up all the nonsense on the ward records and try to help less-actives come back to church. President keeps referring to this ward as an ''inner city'' ward, which makes me think that it's where all the sketchy gang stuff goes down, but I think he just means that it's very transient and diverse. All in all, it is very difficult to track people down, and often very difficult to communicate with them if we actually do find them. It's a party. 

The best part in everything is that I got to eat poutine at La Banquise with my brother from LaSalle, Vincent Muetzsche. It's only been a few weeks since I last saw him in Ottawa, but it was still fun.

I have very little time today, So I will email next week. Hopefully I'll have a better idea of what I'm doing then.

Love you all,



Elder Hadden

1 comment: