Tuesday, October 23, 2018

We Had a DA

(Well, I meant to press the send button, but apparently I didn't. Here's the missing email from last week.)

Dear all,

Our week was spent mostly riding buses to and fro all over the island.  A lot of the members in the ward live well away from any metro stations since they have families and cars and stuff like that. Since we don't have a car, we often have to travel for hours and hours just to get to someone's house to see if they live there. I've been able to see a lot of Montreal that I haven't before, and get to know the bus system in Montreal a lot better, too. I feel like I'll be an expert on public transport anywhere in the city by the end of this transfer.

Other than that, we got to talk to some more members, and even got a family to feed us. The Young Mens' president and his wife invited us over for dinner on Sunday at their lovely home in Westmount. They moved here not too many months ago from the frigid, cold LA. It was nice to be around talk about the weirdness of living in Quebec with some other people from the western US. Elder Blinn even got to join in, since even Nova Scotia is not nearly as interesting as Quebec. In exchange for feeding us, we agreed to go and visit some of the less-active families with young men. It was a wonderful DA.

Last week for P-day, Elder Blinn and I accompanied our beloved friend Vincent Mewchew of the LaSalle ward to the impressively large St. Joseph Oratory on Mount Royal. Vincent of the LaSalle ward used to be a Catholic before he was converted by the Book of Mormon musical, so he gave us the insider tour. I didn't take many pictures, because I already sent pictures of it home. 

Love you all,
Elder Hadden
Fall colors on Mt. Royal

The inside of Mt. Royal

The inside of St. Joseph


The river, returning my thumb.
The river again.


DA - Dinner appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment