Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving

Dear all,

This week was spent mostly in meetings. We had our Zone Conference on Thursday, where a bunch of people got together and listened to some people talk about the church, and then we had General Conference, where even more people got together and talked about the church. I did really enjoy both of them. I even got to watch General Conference in English this time. It made a lot more sense.

All the Chinese missionaries were hoping for them to announce China being opened up, so we can all get transferred to Beijing together, but it didn't happen. I still have one more conference though, so maybe it will happen. 

In other news, yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving (or as they call it here ''Regular Thanksgiving''). We did not get anyone to feed us, so Elder Blinn and I ended up just going to KFC (or as they call it here ''PFK''). Nobody really cares about normal Canadian holidays in Quebec, so all the KFCs were open, and we got a bunch of chicken for the two of us. In the end, it was really expensive and not that great. It's even worse here than in the States. 


Pretty disappointing, but at least I didn't ruin REAL Thanksgiving for myself. (they call Real Thanksgiving ''American Thanksgiving'' here. They are so backwards).

Anyway, I'll be back next week.

Love you all,

Elder Hadden

No comments:

Post a Comment